Saturday 20 September 2014

Year Zero

It feels so good to have bought the ticket!  I feel like I am starting again with the busking now, enjoying it so much more.  Because I am not so desperate for money it is like how it always used to feel when I went busking.  It’s a pleasure.  Now I can have a look round the charity shops, find some treasures and not feel guilty for spending a few quid.  Buy some nice coffee, some muesli and have a nice few weeks until Niz is here.
image

I was speaking to Niz the other day and we had this idea which has just grown and grown.  Niz is a great photographer, and we need to get some stuff to make the caravan ride productive.  If we get a semi decent camera with good video, we are going to make a film about our journey when we travel the whole Americas.  Then make an album to accompany it when we get back to Argentina.  Alls we need for our travels is a good audio recorder and a camera, a mandolin and some percussion bits.
image


We will have a great show wherever we play, and then we take footage every day and at the end build it up into a little film!  I am really excited about this, we both are.  It’s not long now until she is here and then we can move forward with our lives in love and music together.  She is my partner in every way, the most beautiful girl in the world, and the best musician I could dream to work with.  I am truly a lucky soul.
image



I am getting very organised with money and stuff now, I keep a log of everything I have earned and spent in this excel file.  It makes you look after your money much more, when you know where every penny is going.  I am feeling very productive, enjoying writing a lot.  My busking blog gets so many hits.  25000 so far!  And it is the top result for busking Amsterdam on google.  I feel that with Niz we are on the verge of making a great living as musicians together.
image

Our next step is building a fanbase.  Playing everywhere we can, selling some CD’s making some friends and being on an Ireland full of music and musicians learning and writing lots of new songs.  We have such a great chemistry when we play together, this Ireland adventure is going to make us even stronger.  Niz will also be playing mandolin and vocals when we go on this tour, as well as fiddling her old violin.  I am so excited about this!!
image

If anyone is in Ireland and wants to meet up, or knows of any good places to play then please get in touch.  Liverpool is like another capital city of Ireland (a good friend told me) and I agree.  Liverpool and Ireland have always had strong bonds together.   I cant wait to play music with Nizha again.  I have missed that just as much as I have missed cuddling, snuggin and kissin.  We have a great bond in so many ways.  2 more weeeeeeeeeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zappas Vibrations

Although I speak with so much love for my studio space, it does come with its challenging sides; mainly, the noise. You can have it all cos...