Wednesday 16 January 2013

Back to the Future

Well, after a brief glimpse back into the past with the last few entries, I feel it perfect to follow it up with the future.  It felt kind of strange digging up all those memories and writing them out and putting them out into the world of internet voyeurs.  You never know who's reading I suppose. But, lets get back to the future.

I am living well.  Like a beggar prince almost.  I have 2 homes and a garden house!  Making (sometimes) 50-60 Euroes a day, eating lots of veg, fruit, salads, honey, chickens, just good food (still like my sugars though and a chocolate give in now and then).  I feel good, I am halfway through a really great album with my dear friend and musical maestro Cato.  It takes you everywhere from techno, operatic electro, filthy hip hop, anthemic alchemy.  We are aiming for a spring finish and are quite excited that we are building something special, with good energies in it.  I have also been a part of her family since I returned from Liverpool last.  It has been an amazing experience, and I feel a great friendship, love and bond with Cato and Chiel and their 2 wonderful kids Isaac and Sophie.  I also have a girlfriend here, a shining smiling special soul in this world with whom I have become beautifully entwined in love with.  I feel my home and heart is Amsterdam. 

The other day, after a great evening busk at Max Euiwplein, where it was slow going until the end, then the last song, I got 3 paper drops of 5 euroes, and a few 2's within seconds of eachother!  It was a special night, and after feeling like wanting to go home as it was slow and cold, I perservererd and was rewarded for it.  I was riding Trigger my bike home, I felt the cold wind blowing in my face, hitting 30kilometres an hour and gliding past beautiful buildings and bikers, I felt like I was flying.  I have these dreams where I can fly and I step up through the air.  Feeling that moment with my legs stepping through and flying me through the city, brought that smile to my face and I truly was flying.

On the way to the library just, I kept asking myself how can I make Lost at Sea work in Amsterdam.  It's an asset, and an achievement that I believe could be built on here.  I am making great contacts, making great music, finding all her musical hidden hubs.  Now I am asking myself the question, and getting more and more ideas. Alls you need for anything to grow, is an idea.  So expect maybe some life in the old dog yet of Lost at Sea.  I love dearly the people who said they would run it from Liverpool.  Amazing people.  Great at all they do, but Lost at Sea needs me.  A ship needs a captain hey.  Expect some nipples of change in the coming weeks.



More than anything, the reason I set out on this adventure was for the training.  Busking.  The best training any musician could do.  Get out in the streets and play for hours and hours, in wind and cold, in the sun and spring.  Learn songs, chords, lyrics, feelings of the songs, write more and more as you go.  It is what I enjoy and will do more than anything.  Come spring, I will be armed with a sharpened repatoire from the winter of training, and be able to make a good living here from hitting the best spots on a daily cycle.  I know this place so well now, and I am ready to fully work her as a busker in the peek season. 

My dream, and hopeful reward from this training, is that all I have ever wanted to do, is make a truly special and great album.  You know the ones that are timeless, that will be a soundtrack to peoples experiences.  Something that is the best thing I could ever make.  The music I have made in the past, is good, and certainly interesting, but not truly great. I am dedicating myself to the guitar, and understanding and becoming more and more natural.  The world of opening tunings is calling me deeper, and the songs I am writing more complex.  It´s just the ultimate dream for me, to make an album that stands up amongst the best.  You gotta dream high havent you! 

I have also started drawing these murial collage pictures that are quite striking, so as another project for self betterment, I am designing some artwork for the image of ´The Dead Sea Captain´I am quite excited about drawing again.  When you go into a coffee shop, you smoke a joint, drink a coffee while drawing as your mind drifts.  The core of the pictures is little thinking.  Don´t think about what you are drawing just let things join and twist and create weird visual illusions and a world of different things.  I will upload some soon anyway. 

Anway, may your way be warm I say. 

Greets.


Download our album ‘Where The Days Have No Name’ full of harmony and love in every way.



Follow us on Soundcloud



Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/deadseacaravan

And visit our digital HQ at www.deadseacaravan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zappas Vibrations

Although I speak with so much love for my studio space, it does come with its challenging sides; mainly, the noise. You can have it all cos...